[UK-CONTEST] Contest Rules

Clive Whelan clive at gw3njw.fsworld.co.uk
Tue May 7 14:06:38 EDT 2002

G3VAO wrote

> Would someone explain to me what I am failing to understand
> (or is it just modern societies approach to things?).

Possibly you have, in effect, answered your own question.

The rule requiring such a long period of prior notification is
simply inappropriate in an age of reduced bureaucracy. NFD is in
intensive care, and needs careful nursing in its time of need,
if it is not to succumb. The nurses must be on hand at all
times, and be prepared to sacrifice their own convenience for
the good of the patient. Clearly the site inspectors have
gracefully agreed to fulfill this duty, and modern electronic
communications facilitate providing the necessary information
expeditiously.

Unfortunately rule changes in a monolithic bureaucratic
organisation such as the R.S.G.B. cannot be effected in the
necessary timescale, thus putting the patient at risk. I propose
therefore that the Matron is to be congratulated rather than
castigated for bending the rules.

Vive N.F.D. !

73

Clive