[UK-CONTEST] Contest Rules

Clive Whelan clive at gw3njw.fsworld.co.uk
Tue May 7 19:02:57 EDT 2002

 Clive Whelan wrote:
> Vive N.F.D. !

Oh did I mention, I owe my contesting career to NFD. Quite
simply, without it, it wouldn't have happened for me.

How well I remember that sunny June day back in 1959 ( all NFDs
were sunny back then!).

Arrived on my bike, a spotty youth, and what did I find?

Tents, gin poles and  gennys
Batteries, black crackle and open wire line
Doublets made for just pennies
Vibroplex bug keys, it all looked so fine

So thanks GWs.... 5BI, 4FW, 8NP, 3GHC, 3LAD and many others all
gone now. But wait, it was OM Tom GW3AHN- still busting the pile
ups today- who shoved me on the key and changed my life that
fateful day; I've never been the same since, and hope I never
will be again. Just think I could so easily have become an SSB
operator!

Yes Vive N.F.D.

I'm going for a lie down now!

73