[UK-CONTEST] Power Management Challenge - this weekend

Richard Newstead g3cwi at tesco.net
Thu May 30 10:26:18 EDT 2002

I have had a number of questions about this so it looks like there will
be several entries. A question about scoring was asked. To make things
easier I suggest that the scoring uses DXCC countries as multipliers.
The rules are up-to-date at http://www.adventureradio.org

Some non-Europeans have expressed interest; however the scoring is
really designed for European entrants only. Non-Europeans are welcome to
enter but will probably have to have a separate section.

The software package SD can score this contest directly using the IARU
Field Day option. I have this connected to my K1.

It is worth considering your tactics. The IARU contest lasts 24 hours
but unless your batteries will last that long, you may well be better
holding off your start until some way through the contest.

Anyway, good luck!

73

Richard Newstead, G3CWI
Buy and sell  ham gear online at The Amazing Online Flea Market
http://www.qsl.net/g3cwi