[UK-CONTEST] INFO on logging software needed

David L Sharred G3NKC at thersgb.net
Sat Nov 9 13:02:37 EST 2002

Hi To Alan (G3XSV) and Bob (5B4AGN)

I have an evaluation copy of DX4WIN already, and looked at it today.

Importing LogPlus (I used V4.5 last)  is giving me a little problem - it
appears to be incompaitible in band info - LogPlus specified frequency
inMHz, whereas DX4WIN uses KHz.

When I first imported, 14000 of my 20,0000 entries were defaulted to 20m !

I editted it in Excel (as a DBiV file),  and can get this down to abt 600,
the rest now show as SAT  QSO's (presumably Satellite), when the bad info
looked good to me !

Can you back fill individual records for Approved status - one at a time -
so that I can set flags for approved DXCC countries?  Band by Band ?

PS - I installed it on WIN NT first - was ok.  I will also check on Win95,
and Win XP

I will inform all of the outcome, and a summary as promised.

Any info on other software packages still would be gratefully received (and
a link to any home pages so that I can download demo's)

Dave