[UK-CONTEST] HFCC info pls

Alan Hydes afh at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Oct 11 15:26:52 EDT 2002

Just to reinforce Don's compehensive reply...

> > How does someone become a member of the committee?
>
> Volunteer, volunteer, volunteer.

I am the newest member on the HFCC having started earlier this year.
I responded to a plea on this reflector by Dave G4BUO for help and, as it
turned out, it was suggested I join the committee.

> The thing to remember about the HFCC, like any other similar committee, is
> that most of the members are either working full time and therefore have
> squeeze their voluntary efforts in, ...

I took on adjudication of SSB FD this year.  The logs arrived slightly later
than expected, while I was away on a business trip.  Even though I could
access email I was very busy at the time.

Needless to say it is soul destroying in these circumstances when someone
posts on the group that according to a schedule of their own the "claimed
scores" are late !
[Rest assured, Chris, that I DID tabulate the SSB FD claimed scores within
a couple of days and they will be made public at the HF Convention.]

Luckily, I don't have quite the volume of logs to analyse as Don did for
IOTA.

Thanks for your interest by the way, Tim.  These were perfectly reasonable
questions.  It is difficult to judge how openly discussion should be carried
out.

73s  de Alan  G3XSV