[UK-CONTEST] Contest results - operating hours

ian fugler ian at g4iiy.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Oct 21 13:50:43 EDT 2002

Recently this reflector has covered discussions on how to encourage more of
the 'casual' contest operators to enter logs.  I now try to send in any
entry, no matter how low my claimed score.  But one of the reasons that I
have not done so in the past is because it's almost embarrassing to, say,
send in an entry to the 21/28 Mhz contest having only made 30 Qs.

A way round this might be to put the scores in to some sort of context.  How
about including the 'operating time' as part of the results?  That way, your
score could still look highly credible if, for example, you make 100Qs and
work 30 mults in the space of an hour.  It might even introduce a
competitive element further down the results table.

Just a thought!

Ian G4IIY