[UK-CONTEST] 2128MHz CW/SSB Contests

Dave Sergeant dsergeant at connectfree.co.uk
Tue Oct 22 04:05:55 EDT 2002

As someone way down the ladder (and hence propping up the ones above
me!) I would like to add my comments.

I was only able to operate about six hours in the CW event because of
other commitments. I was hoping at least to get some decent runs in
the afternoon but that was not to be.  A combination of mediocre
conditions, the WAG contest and general lack of interest in us led to
only 51 QSOs (and a very mediocre score).  Operation was in the QRP
section with my K2 and a 60ft long wire.  Any scores from others
doing the QRP section?

I remember years ago this was one of the highlights of the contest
year.  I am not sure in what year WAG started but it certainly seems
to have taken over the field.  I can hardly say I enjoyed this year's
contest, it was decidedly uninspiring so maybe now is the time to
review it's status.

Of course 40m CW used to be one the highlights in my contest year.  I
regret its demise.

73s Dave G3YMC

dsergeant at iee.org
dsergeant at btinternet.com