[UK-CONTEST] CQWW SSB

David Johnson David at g4dhf.freeserve.co.uk
Sun Oct 27 16:19:34 EST 2002

My involvement in this year's contest has just finished as I have only been operating on 10M.

Callsign:         G4F
Operator:        G4DHF
Band:             10M
Section:          Single operator, Unassisted
QSO's:           1594
Ctrys:             122
Zones:            32
Score:            622468

Rig:                IC756PROII
Pwr:               400W
Ant:               10ele Log + 5ele yagi

The band was in good shape, particularly on Saturday and I had some good QSO runs. Operating between two sets of antennas was worthwhile. However, the weather took it's toll. Spent most of Sunday between  09.00am - 11.30am wresting with the huge Log antenna which was luffed over. Extra guys to support the tower etc. House suffered structural damage with part of the roof being ripped off. Could not steer the antennas to find those missing Zones. It was too dangerous to go outside so I played radio and ran on the single 5ele at 25'. I'm at the builders early tomorrow morning! All the antennas survived. If only the weather..........etc, etc.

Applied for the Contest Call just before the HF Convention and received the NoV two days before the contest. Thanks to Justin, the RSGB and the RA. Now that's what I call service!

David,
G4DHF
(Lincolnshire Poachers')

multipart/alternative