[UK-CONTEST] Fw: RSGB contest programme.

Mike Farmer G3VAO at hortonbrook.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Oct 29 08:16:51 EST 2002

> On a related issue, I notice last weekend in CQWW that the incursion
> of SSB stations into the CW parts of the bands was worse this year
> than I ever remember, with contest stations right down to 7010 at
> times.  The usual excuses (one weekend a year, if you are looking for
> DX you will be in the contest anyway, etc) are pretty weak. Band
> plans are gentlemen's agreements, let us be gentlemen and not upset
> those who may be potential recruits to contesting.  Of course those
> on this reflector will not be among the offenders.

The ONLY way that this situation would be resolved is for the band plans to
become mandatory and were then policed by the authorities.  If a DX (or any
station) wants to work outside the agreed band plan (which I believe are
different all over the world!) the only way to contact that station is to
ignore the band plan. I heard a K2 "listening on 7013".

Sorry Dave but the 21st century appears to be no place for "gentlemen's
agreements". By the way users of this reflector are amongst those ignoring
band plans  after all you must remember that the BR 68 is the law and that
has no band plans.

73 de Mike
G3VAO

73 de Mike