[UK-CONTEST] Young contesters

G3SXW g3sxw at compuserve.com
Wed Aug 13 17:48:15 EDT 2003

Dear UK-Contest,
In case you haven't already seen this in the DX-press.
Sounds like a major opportunity for a CW contester,
18 years or less.
73 de Roger/G3SXW.

VP5X Contest Group offers a Free Trip For A Young Ham

This year we are sponsoring one young ham operator (18 or under)
to join our team and receive an all expense paid trip to operate in
the CQWW CW contest with our team. You can be from any country
in the world to be considered for this opportunity provided you hold
a valid amateur radio license in your country and can demonstrate
proficiency of 20+ wpm in international morse code. This is a gift to
a young ham whom has a passion for CW and contesting. It is our
way of giving something back to this great hobby that has given so
much to each of us!
To qualify, you must send an email to david at vp5x.com containing
an essay of 500 words or more describing how you got started in
ham radio, describe your Elmer, and explain why you should be
selected for this multi-single contest operation at VP5X.
We are looking for a young ham (18 or under), proficient in
international morse code (20+ WPM), loves contesting and would
consider this opportunity a dream come true! You must have your
parents written permission to make the trip on your own, or they
may join you, at their own expense.
We will continue to take applications for the young ham to join our
expedition until September 15, 2003. Our team will review all
applicants for the young ham position and select one young ham
to join us for this exciting DXpedition and contest opportunity.
David, KY1V/VP5X, will pay all expenses for the young ham,
including airfare, license fees, QTH rental share and food. The
rest of the VP5X crew will ensure this is the most memorable ham
radio experience ever!
The selection process will be based upon the hams written essay
of 500 words or more describing how the ham got started in amateur
radio, describe the hams Elmer (the person helping the ham get
started in amateur radio) and why the ham should be selected for
this exciting contest expedition. The young ham MUST be able to
demonstrate proficiency in international morse code at the rate of
20wpm or more. We are particularly looking for a young ham that
has never been on any DXpedition and would not otherwise have
the opportunity under any other circumstances.
CHECK THE WEB SITE: http://www.vp5x.com