[UK-CONTEST] Short Contest Calls Buro QSLCards

John Dunnington g3lzq at john-dunnington.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Aug 22 15:00:58 EDT 2003

I have had a request if as a contester I would make a plea to all owners of
contest calls to either:

(a) Confirm you are interested in the cards and if so send a cheque to cover
postage and packing. £25.00 will cover
    the best part of a year operating with say 5-or-6 shipments.

(b) If not interested in receiving QSL's please drop the guy a line and tell
him that way you save time and money
    that the RSGB could spend in other directions. Plus empty the poor guy's
lounge of useless scrap paper.

(c) If you are up to date and collecting cards no need to respond thank
you..

I understand some call holders have hundreds of QSL's which will be binned
very shortly. If you want send me an Email saying No and the Callsign and I
will pass the information on to the sub-manager who lives locally and is not
on the internet.

The Sub-manager is R.A.C. Bunce (M3DXR)  46 Gordon Street, Gainsborough,
Lincs, DN21  1DJ

I know from first hand experience the Contest Call sub managers have not
been exactly 110% in the past but this guy is genuine and wants to help. It
is up to us as part of the Contest Community to help him do his unpaid
thankless task. Many spend lots of hard earned pennies putting stations
together but a few quid for postage and we shy away.

John G3LZQ
RSGB HF AWARDS MANAGER and QSL Manager for GU8D,G8D and holder of M2D
---