[UK-CONTEST] UK log requirements question

Andy Summers andy.summers at ttpcom.com
Tue Dec 16 05:43:58 EST 2003

Hi,

Does anyone on this reflector know whether it's a requirement under BR68 for
UK Amateurs to record the start time AND end time of any QSO? Yes, I've read
BR68 and I find it ambiguous. I'm not certain, but I believe StarLog might
do this and I know that Shacklog does this, so I was wondering why.

If it is a requirement, where does that leave us with the majority of
contest loggers? Should I be worried about this, or is it common knowledge
that the RA casts a blind eye over this sort of thing?

Not stirring, just interested as I amuse myself writing logging software.

73,
Andy, G4KNO.