[UK-CONTEST] UK log requirements question

G3SJJ g3sjj at btinternet.com
Tue Dec 16 10:15:57 EST 2003

Similar thoughts from here Nigel and thinking back to the "golden era" of
contest logging on sheets of paper, we only needed to write in  one time
co-ordinate, which, in practice, may or may not have been the actual start
time. I never really bothered too much about being overly accurate with that
aspect. Usually when the rate was around 60 Q/H, I would record time once an
hour and fill in post-contest.
Adjudication probably only involved looking at the time if there was a
particular query on a QSO, and even then as I recall it clock/watch
inaccuracy/synch would mean allowing around 10 minutes or so.

Regarding BR68 etc, I haven't seen a local RA inspector for over 20 years so
I am not really sure what would be acceptable and what wouldn't!  Chris
G3SJJ