[UK-CONTEST] The at sign

Tim Makins, EI8IC contesting at eircom.net
Thu Dec 18 03:53:18 EST 2003

Can you be a little more specific, with a useage-example ? I don't
understand what you mean by 'at each'. Although at 46 I might not be classed
as an 'old-timer', I still remember seeing the local grocer in North
Yorkshire list the shopping that our family had ordered as, for instance:

4lbs bananas @ 1/3d per pound

The 'at each' doesn't seem to work in that example ?

My mother would telephone in the weekly grocery order, which was delivered
by a boy on one of those old black bicycles with a frame carrier over the
front wheel. No impulse shopping in those days !

73s Tim EI8IC
www.qsl.net/ei8ic
New Additions: A point-and-see map of Irish Lighthouses, with sortable
database that can be used offline.