[UK-CONTEST] GB5HQ

Dave Lawley g4buo at compuserve.com
Mon Jul 14 17:47:09 EDT 2003

On behalf of the GB5HQ team, I want to thank all of you who
came on and worked us, and helped us make as good a
score as we could, given the poor conditions!

We had some problems, mainly related to Internet connections,
which meant unfortunately that we didn't have a full log
available all the time, so apologies if we asked any of you
to QSY to bands on which we had in fact already worked.
However, for most of the contest period the stations were
all in touch, and most were able to exchange log data. It
was quite a system!

Check out the web page  www.gb5hq.com, which has some
new pictures, and also the page put together by the 15m CW
team  www.G3TXF.com/3a's/GB5HQ-2003/GB5HQ-03.html

The QSO total is approximately 12,800, of which about 20
percent were Gs. Multipliers will be over 400 and that is
going to give us a score just over 15M. We don't yet know
how any of our 'continental competitors' got on - anyone
got any info?

It was evident from the combined log that a lot of Gs were
hunting GB5HQ from band to band, and awards manager
G3LZQ will be kept busy for the next few months. At least a
dozen people managed a QSO on all twelve band modes,
and qualified for the Platinum award.

Again, on behalf of the whole team I want to thank you
for your support.

Dave G4BUO

G3AB G3LZQ G3SJJ G3SXW G3TKF G3TXF G3WVG G3XSV
G4AXX G4BAH G4BJM G4BWP G4BYG G4EAG
G4FKA G4FRE G4JVG G4KIU G4KNO G4OBK G4PIQ
G4TSH G4VXE G0IVZ G0MTN G5LP GM3WOJ GM0GAV
GW5NF M0AWI M0BEW M0CMK M0MAT M3TAY