[UK-CONTEST] IOTA G3YMC SO QRP

Ian White, G3SEK G3SEK at ifwtech.co.uk
Sun Jul 27 13:29:17 EDT 2003

Dave Sergeant wrote:

>On the subject of Cabrillo, there is comment in this months RadCom
>(p. 39) on the lack of comments in received logs. Perhaps this is
>because Cabrillo does not encourage this with stylised lines starting
>'SOAPBOX'. OK, it is easy to add more lines, but it does not encourage
>comments in the same way as free flowing text would.

It would be nice if the contest software allowed free-form entry of
comments of any length; and when you say you're finished, it could then
be automatically sliced up into Cabrillo-compliant SOAPBOX lines. That's
just what computers are for.

Another thing that's disappearing with electronic logs are the
photographs - which is ironic when the photographs themselves are going
digital! This trend could easily be reversed through the contest
software, by specifically offering the chance to input a URL where the
photographs can be found, and again reformatting it automatically as a
further SOAPBOX line.

However, Cabrillo is still quite new, and I suppose all these features
will come in time.

--
73 from Ian G3SEK