[UK-CONTEST] GM4AFF BERU 2003

Cooper Stewart coopers at odl.co.uk
Tue Mar 11 08:19:10 EST 2003

I'm not sure that partial and part-time logs are worth putting on here, but
for what it's worth here's my BERU part-time result. It was the first time
I've taken an interest in this contest, and I liked it. I only did 6 hours
of search and pounce. CQ'ing was unproductive of itself, but would have been
worthwhile if I was serious, as it allowed some productive s and p on the
second radio. I agree with Andy that it resembles UK 2m contesting. This
included the north of Scotland effect! I was able to listen to southern G's
working stuff I couldn't hear!!
I heard (and followed out of curiousity) some very slick band hopping by
PIQ/P and BUO, as they pulled the more casual VE ops from (even 40) to 20 to
15 to 10m. As long as no one plays with the format, this British Empire
thing might catch on ;-)

Band    QSOs
10    21
15    36
20    50
40    26
80    9
142 Q's, 1 dupe, 715 points, 2540 bonuses, total 3255. On for 6.5 hours.
CT in WPX mode with DX Doubler
TS850 + Collins 30S1, TS940 + ETO 91b
10m - 5 ele Create @ 30ft
15m - 5 ele YO @ 40ft