[UK-CONTEST] WPX CW - G0MTN

Lee Volante lee at g0mtn.freeserve.co.uk
Mon May 26 16:25:03 EDT 2003

Hi all,

It seems like we all survived ok !   There didn't appear to be a fantastic
amount of UK guys active, or was it just me ?  I operated similar hours to
Don G3BJ.  I started a couple of hours after the start, worked for about 24
hours (with a civilised hour lunch break), and then worked through the
latter half of Sunday.  I was pleasantly surprised to see 10m open on
Sunday - after Saturday's experience, and the previous few weeks I'd almost
given up hope.

Sunday night QRN was awful.  I also seemed to experience a lot more QSB on
all bands than normal, normally timed to happen by the time I was trying to
receive the serial number.  Between the static, fading and rampant key
clicks I seemed to send '?' more than anything else.

Happy Birthday to you Tim :-).  Don't worry - 1800 Q's single band low power
sounds vy good to me.  Similar experience over here though - towards the end
only finding the same stations during S+P, and getting nowhere fast calling
CQ.  When I did manage to run a small amount of US stations, or find some
JA, almost every one was a mult.  Plenty more out there not heard I guess...
oh well !

G0MTN - SO AB LP - 36 hours

10m: 115 Q
15m: 285 Q