[UK-CONTEST] GW7X WPX CW 40SB HP

Ian White, G3SEK G3SEK at ifwtech.co.uk
Tue May 27 10:50:22 EDT 2003

Clive Whelan wrote:
>QSOs 1248
>
>Pts    3912
>
>Mults  554
>
>Score  2,167,248
>

>Despite the fact that the score is within a whisker of 2002, this belies the
>fact that I had to work much harder for every point this year.
>
>I suspect that I must be mad trying to compete against the likes of IU3X who
>I believe was using a full size 4 el quad, whereas I just had a  few wibbly
>wobbly verticals!
>

>Station ( GW3NJW)
>TS870S
>Alpha 78 400 watts
>Antenna W1CF/Butternut hybrid array

Well done, Clive, you're certainly safe from me!

GX5RP
Valid QSOs 888 (plus 14 dupes)
QSO points 2594
Mults 468
Claimed score 1,213,992

Total operating hours = 19.0 - both nights through to about 0700, and
then late Sunday evening.

I'd decided in advance to sleep as much as I wanted to, since there were
things planned for Monday. Still, I could have used much more of the
available 36 hours cleaning up the short-skip daytime stations.

Monday evening was back to another long session, keying the other
"transmitter" (the one with the bellows in the middle). Since it was
still pretty clean at closing-time, I reckon the whole long weekend
worked out rather well!

Station (G3SEK)
FT-1000MP
Challenger III 400W
Half-wave inverted-L (10m vert, 10m horiz)

That proved capable of holding a frequency for quite long periods, but
not big enough to get steady runs going. Not sure what else I can do
with the 40m antenna at this QTH...

--
73 from Ian G3SEK