[UK-CONTEST] None

Steve Bunting stephen.bunting at kcl.ac.uk
Mon Oct 13 05:12:51 EDT 2003

Hello All,

I am looking for some pseudo-contest advice. I am searching for a new
site to use for VHF contesting next year. I have identified several
candidates, some of which belong to the National Trust in the Peak
District. I have called the NT offices in Derbyshire to find out how one
goes about getting permission to walk across NT land and set up a tent,
small mast etc. for a maximum of 24 hours. The problem is that I have
had no joy in finding out which department handles these requests, never
mind how to apply for permission. Has anyone here used NT land in the
past? Can you advise which route I should take to get permission? Also,
how do you confirm who the landowner is? I usually find a local farm and
ask politely, but in some parts of the country there isn't a house in
sight and I can't ask the sheep.

I am also looking for a site SE of London. I have spent some time
looking at maps and G4JNTs "Geog" suite of software to find somewhere
suitable for use between 50Mhz and 1296Mhz. Again, I have a few
candidates to survey over the winter, but does anyone know of a site
that could be used? The location of a lapsed contest group would be
best, as the site owner may be more amenable to the strange request.

As always, I look forward to hearing your thoughts.
73
Steve
M0BPQ