[UK-CONTEST] 10 MINUTE RULE

Don Beattie g3ozf at btinternet.com
Thu Oct 16 07:22:19 EDT 2003

Sorry to use bandwidth, but I'm looking for advice. I am not sure how to interpret the 10 minute rule in CQWW (Multi-single). We came across this last time, and it is still unresolved in my mind.

In the Multi-Single section of CQWW, please consider the following.

Run station on 14 Mhz
Mult station on 21 Mhz (working mults only)

The operators decide that they want to RUN on 21, and MULT-SEARCH on 14 (i.e. reverse the roles of the two stations). How many band changes (if any) is this, against the 10 minute rule ?

If 0, that's fine.

If two, then how do we handle this - do we have to take 20 minutes to reverse the roles of each station - e.g. "run" to 7MHz, wait 10, mult to 14 MHz, wait 10, "run" to 21 MHz

Thanks and 73

Don, G3BJ