[UK-CONTEST] CQWW SSB G4IIY SOAB LP

ian fugler ian at g4iiy.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Oct 27 15:11:14 EST 2003

The plan for a semi-serious effort this year quickly evaporated when the
XYL, quickly followed by the junior op, came down with something horrible in
the early hours of Saturday morning.  When I did get some radio time, it was
when they were asleep.  As the shack is in the house, I did the entire
contest in S&P mode, using the voice recorder for the entire exchange.  I
even programmed in responses to some of the most likely questions/requests
for repeats...

The other part of the original plan, which was to attempt SO2R, fell apart
when I discovered a week before the contest that the FT990 had gone deaf.

Looking forward to the CW event.

CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

 Call: G4IIY
Operator(s): G4IIY