[UK-CONTEST] Short Contest Calls Buro QSLCards

Nigel G3TXF Nigel at G3TXF.com
Thu Sep 4 17:43:57 EDT 2003

Hullo UK Contesters,

1. Very psed to read John G3LZQ's message about "Contest Short Calls".
And yes, I can confirm that the new QSL Sub-Manager (Rose Bunce,
M3DXR) appears to be doing an excellent job. I've supplied Rose M3DXR
with envelopes recently and they've come back with cards by return.
M3DXR appears to be working through a huge back-log.

2. Thanks also to Ian G4IIY whom I also remember kept the "Contest
Short Calls" QSL Sub-Managership in good order in his day. However
between the time that Ian ceased doing it and until M3DXR started up
recently, there appears to have been a bit of a void.

3. On the question of not responding to Bureau cards, there is, "in my
humble opinion", no room for equivocation. If you use a special call
of any kind, it would seem to be a straight-forward discourtesy to the
stations that call you, possibly simply BECAUSE you have the special
call, not to respond to their subsequent requests for cards, whether
direct or via the Bureau.  QED.

73 -  Nigel G3TXF

PS 1 : QSLs willing handled by all routes for M5A, MW5A, MZ5A and M8M.
PS 2 : "QED" is not a Q-code.