[UK-CONTEST] Laptops & USB/com:

Doug Roberts g0wmw at arrl.net
Sat Sep 6 09:56:06 EDT 2003

Hi All,

I seem to remember a short thread about USB/com: converters a while ago.  Is everyone who uses them still happy with them?  Which version of Windoze works best, or is there little difference?  I'm thinking I might buy a new laptop - will want to run both rig control and cw from CT (thanks, I know LPT1: can handle the cw).  Would anyone like to recommend (or slate) any particular laptop models in the 1k pounds price range?

Thanks, 73 and happy contesting!
de Doug G0WMW