[UK-CONTEST] USB to serial converters

Robin Thompson robin at g3tkf.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Sep 9 15:19:06 EDT 2003

In message <004c01c37704$eda64fe0$2e0be150 at D439VS0J>, Donald Field
<g3xtt at lineone.net> writes
>I bought a USB to serial and a USB to parallel adaptor from Maplin, on
>offer, but the disc that came with them didn't appear to have the correct
>drivers. Any suggestions please? (Win 98 here)
>
>Don G3XTT
Yes Don - have a look at the make/model of the USB device and do a
search on the net for it - usually the site info will have what you
want. BUT as you are looking for a W98 version it IS possible that you
bought a  W2k and XP version only. In my experience Maplins are very
good at exchanging - so long as you keep the receipt !!

Robin Thompson
G3TKF
City of Bath
U.K.