[UK-CONTEST] FT-1000MP improvements

G3SVL G3SVL at manyoaks.co.uk
Sun Aug 22 05:24:04 EDT 2004

 >At 22:35 21/08/2004, Chris Tran ZL1CT wrote:
 >Has anyone installed the new INRAD 'Roofing filter' board in their 1000MP
- specifically I'm interested in >whether this new board provides the few
dB extra gain of the original 70MHz preamp board ?

Hi Chris,

I talked to the German guy who rep's INRAD while at Friedrichsafen and he
subsequently sent me a one-page description on this new filter.  I've sent
it to you directly as the contesting site doesn't support attachments.
However, for other subscribers - this sheet says the roofing filter is
"followed by a high dynamic range, feedback amplifier.  The amplifier
provides enough gain to override the filter insertion loss plus a dB or two."

So I guess the answer to your question is that they have incorporated the
70MHz gain mod. The trade off is going to be improved close in versus large
signal handling. Perhaps we could persuade Peter G3SJX to test one ......

BTW, at my last enquiry the filters were still on 'back order' from INRAD.

73  Chris G3SVL