[UK-CONTEST] 2003 RSGB VHF Contest Trophies

Andy Cook, G4PIQ g4piq at btinternet.com
Sun Aug 22 08:40:33 EDT 2004

As most of you will be aware, the demise of a VHF Convention in the UK has
given us some difficulties in finding an appropriate event at which to
present the trophies to winners of RSGB VHF contests.

This year we've agreed to have the trophies presented by the President of
RSGB, at the RSGB HF Convention on Saturday 23rd October near Gatwick
airport. It's been very difficult to find an event that suits all (and which
doesn't clash with a contest). Since there is already significant overlap
between VHF Contest Trophy winners & folks attending the HF Convention, we
have chosen to try this event for this year. It's also a great social event
with infrastructure already arranged for folks who want to spend a weekend.

For those winners who don't want to / can't attend the presentation at the
HF Convention we've also arranged the option to collect your trophy from
RSGB HQ, or - if you pay carriage - to have it sent to you from HQ. We're
still working through the mechanics of how the postal option will work, but
I expect that to be resolved any day now.

Apologies for the length of time this has taken to get agreed & announced -
a big part of that has just been down to my own workload.

I'll be very interested to get feedback from folks over how this works for
them.

I'll make sure that we gets copies of this notice to all 2003 winners by
e-mail over the next few days. If you want to take up the option of personal
collection from HQ - I suggest that you contact Sarah Clark
(sarah.clark at rsgb.org.uk) to arrange it. If you want to take the postal
option - please hold off for a few days until we get the detailed mechanics
sorted. Again - those details will be mailed to winners when they are
available.

73,

Andy Cook, G4PIQ
Chairman, RSGB VHF Contests Committee