[UK-CONTEST] Hard disk failure

Bob Henderson bob at cytanet.com.cy
Thu Aug 26 04:10:40 EDT 2004

A little off topic but I could use some help.

I had a hard disk failure this morning, on the machine I use to manage my
QSLing.  I suspected a head crash but inspection shows that control board
failure is to blame.  At this stage I can't say whether the data on the disk
will be ok but there's a fair chance.  I need to be able to replace the
drive's control board to have a chance at making further progress.

The drive is an IDE I/F Quantum Fireball of about 8Gb capacity.  If anyone
has one of these they can spare, I will gladly pay a reasonable price for it
and pay for shipping.

Whatsay?

Bob, 5B4AGN