[UK-CONTEST] IARU-WRTC style--> M4A

drmarios at freenet.co.uk drmarios at freenet.co.uk
Thu Jul 15 18:17:42 EDT 2004

A few days late, but here is our score:

IARU HF World Championship

Call: M4A(@G6UW)
Operators: 5B4WN/G0WWW and 5B4AFM/M0BBB
WRTC-style competition, Team name: Vraka Men - RELOADED

Class: M/S LP
QTH: Cambridge, UK
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:    27     4     17
   80:    79    47     34
   40:   249    23     42
   20:   476   241     67
   15:   279   335     50
   10:   160   100     33
Championship. We really enjoyed the contest!

Low power contesting can be great fun and I would strongly recommend
it as a category for next year! Too bad that we have almost a year to
go for the next one, but luckily the IOTA contest is round the corner!

Rules for the WRTC-style competition can be found at
http://www.wwdxc.org/wrtcrule.htm but in summary:

-- You need TWO operators - the team

-- An original name for the team that needs to be emailed to Ward
Silver,
N0AX just before the contest

-- 150 Watts (or less)

-- Mixed mode only

-- Two radios

-- A multi-band directional antenna for the high bands (10/15/20)
whose
height above ground is limited to 25m.

-- A single wire antenna for 160-80-40m (no longer in any dimension
than a
160-meter half-wave dipole and no higher at any point than 25m) e.g.
windom
etc

[No other antenna to be used for receiving  but you can share/switch
the antennas with the two radios]

-- Only ONE signal at any one time

73s
Marios (5B4WN/G0WWW)

Radios:
FT1000MP and TS850S
Aerials:
TH5-MkII tribander (10/15/20m) and multi-band dipole for 40/80/160m
Software:
Writelog