[UK-CONTEST] WPX CW - GM0F

Cooper, Stewart coopers at odl.co.uk
Tue Jun 1 08:04:39 EDT 2004

I only spent a few hours giving away points, but I am very interested in
what others have to say in their write-ups. With a full operational station
and all these towers, I am disappointed to say that I have plans to do only
one contest from home this year (CQ WW CW). Well, that is not including 40m
SSB as GB5HQ. Family and 'land management' take precedence at the moment.
Looking forward to /5B4 for IOTA though.
I too noticed the hash/noise on 15m which wiped out (well it was S3) most of
the CW portion of the band all Saturday. I started at 21.007... didn't
bother looking for the top end.
I was also unaware that I could have done 36 hours - I really should waken
up!
I asked (what I heard as) HN0Z to confirm his call (I sent HN0Z? to him, he
replied 'RR') and he confirmed it as HN0Z, so for me it was Iraq - how was
it for you?
I certainly had a problem with a station in Madiera (can't remember call - I
could read it though!) sending so fast I actually couldn't read the numbers
after 3 attempts! Now, I thought my CW wasn't too bad?! I noticed K3ZO
plodding on at his usual stately rate was working people faster!
Yes, sporadic E on 10m up here too.
And finally, can anyone help me - where is VQ5?
Pointless rambling I know, but my 2p worth anyway.

Stewart
GM4AFF
www.ratemyantenna.com

Offshore Design Ltd
www.odl.co.uk
This email is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain
confidential and privileged information. You should not disclose its
contents to any other person. Any unauthorised review, use, disclosure or
notify the sender immediately.