[UK-CONTEST] WPX CW - GM0F

Dave Sergeant dave at davesergeant.com
Tue Jun 1 10:08:38 EDT 2004

On 1 Jun 2004 at 13:04, Cooper, Stewart wrote:

>I asked
> (what I heard as) HN0Z to confirm his call (I sent HN0Z? to him, he
> replied 'RR') and he confirmed it as HN0Z, so for me it was Iraq - how
> was it for you?

Yes I think that is correct. At first I copied him as 5N0Z but when I
realised he was sending HN0Z the prefix list came out to double check
it was what SD said was Iraq. I listened a little longer to make sure
it wasn't SN0Z with sloppy keying. Nothing at all in the dx
newsletters I can see about him.

>I certainly had a problem with a station in Madiera
> (can't remember call - I could read it though!) sending so fast I
> actually couldn't read the numbers after 3 attempts!

You mean CS3B? I thought that call was very familiar and I twigged
this morning - it is the call of the IARU beacon transmission on
14100 etc. Did they switch off the beacon during the contest?

> And finally, can anyone help me - where is VQ5?
That at least was in the dx newsletters - VP5 Turks and Caicos. Even
SD showed it as the correct country.

> Stewart
> GM4AFF
> www.ratemyantenna.com

ps Has anybody received an email acknowledgment from the WPX servers
(cw at cqwpx.com)? Sent my log yesterday but no response yet and the
logs received is still quite old.

I am still amazed at my score on QRP - 60% increase on last year's
391k. Just shows what can be done.

73 Dave G3YMC

http://www.davesergeant.com