[UK-CONTEST] WPX CW - GM0F

Andy swiffin a.l.swiffin at dundee.ac.uk
Tue Jun 1 08:50:15 EDT 2004

>I too noticed the hash/noise on 15m which wiped out (well it was S3)
most of
>the CW portion of the band all Saturday. I started at 21.007...
didn't
>bother looking for the top end.

I didn't notice anything on Saturday on 15, but did you do anything on
top band during the first couple of hours on saturday stewart?   There
was S7 hash that sounded suspiciously like those samples of PLT qrm from
the bbc tech site all through the early hours of saturday, I'm wondering
if it came from afar or nearby?

>I asked (what I heard as) HN0Z to confirm his call (I sent HN0Z? to
him, he
>replied 'RR') and he confirmed it as HN0Z, so for me it was Iraq - how
was
>it for you?

It was Iraq for me too.

>I certainly had a problem with a station in Madiera (can't remember
call - I
>could read it though!) sending so fast I actually couldn't read the
numbers
>after 3 attempts! Now, I thought my CW wasn't too bad?! I noticed
K3ZO
>plodding on at his usual stately rate was working people faster!

There was a really nice slow signal from a PS7 on 15 who was the same,
making a higher rate than the fast boys, hmmm.  C4M came on top band in
the last couple of hours, I had to ask him to repeat 3 times so that my
PC decoder could cope.....

>And finally, can anyone help me - where is VQ5?

VP5 I believe.

Cheers
Andy
gm8oeg