[UK-CONTEST] Cut Numbers

G3SJJ g3sjj at btinternet.com
Wed Jun 2 05:01:52 EDT 2004

Well said Don. There ain't many of us free thinking guys around it seems!

The only rider I would add is that a good contest operator understands that
not everyone is up to his standard and would therefore be prepared to vary
his speed and amount of abbreviations, rather than bulldoze through,
irrespective of whether the other guy understands are not.

As a personal choice, I find speeded up characters and full abbreviations
distracting, but may be that is a typical F1 tactic, and is working in my
case! I try to choose a smooth sending style which would attract punters
rather than put them off calling me.

Chris G3SJJ