[UK-CONTEST] CW Letters instead of Numbers

Andy swiffin a.l.swiffin at dundee.ac.uk
Wed Jun 2 07:14:24 EDT 2004

>Surely you have answered your own question, and the key 'word' has to
be
>NUMBER
>
>'5nn' is NOT a NUMBER........although I imagine that 99% of ops use
it
>anyway [Guilty M'Lud] and have done for years

Ahh, hmmm, I'm not sure whether RST is quite so clearly defined, but
maybe it is- anyone got the definition?.  That's why I was confining
myself to the serial number which is clearly defined as a number.

>.......however 'aet' whatever, will never be a number - not by any
>stretch of the imagination.

exactement.

>Changing tack slightly.....is not RS[T] in a contest wholly
superfluous
>? Q5, and then asking for repeats ?

Ahh, now there's a good one.  Could I take this oportunity to point out
that some enlightened RTTY contests have dropped the RST.

Cheers
andy