[UK-CONTEST] Cut Numbers

Andy swiffin a.l.swiffin at dundee.ac.uk
Wed Jun 2 09:53:37 EDT 2004

>I am sure I have seen a full listing, something like : 1=A, 2=U, 3=S,
4=(?),
>5=E, 6=D, 7=G, 8=O, 9=N, 0=T. This thread raged for a long time on
the
>Writelog Reflector. I have looked at the archives for some history on
the
>topic but could only find this :

During a brief trawl I found quite few people listing the abbreviated
numbers. e.g.:

http://www.ac6v.com/morseaids.htm
http://homepages.tesco.net/~a.wadsworth/MBcode.htm   who makes the
comment:

"These abbreviated numbers are not legal for use in callsigns and
should only be
used where there is agreement between operators"

http://perso.wanadoo.es/anclub/CODIGO%20CW-MORSE.htm
http://www.geocities.com/hamthai/morsecode.html
etcetcetc

>Anyone tried the opposite? There seems to be just as many people
using
>elongated numbers, as in didadadadadah for 1 and dadididididit for 6.
The

LOL, that was probably me, when I get tired my brain just doesn't know
when to tell my hand to stop....

73
andyyyyyyyyy
(see what I mean :-)