[UK-CONTEST] HF NFD - Contest Cumbria

G3WGV at aol.com G3WGV at aol.com
Mon Jun 7 05:22:23 EDT 2004

Contest Cumbria, aka G3IZD, G3WGV and G4IIY had fun as G3IZD/P in the
Restricted section from a field somewhere to the SE of Carlisle.
Nice conditions on 160m, truly awful on 10m where not a single station was
heard, let alone worked in the entire contest.  15m wasn't a whole lot  better
either.  Result: 20m got well and truly hammered, 430 QSOs being, I  think,
the most QSOs I've ever had on a single band in NFD.  We were  pleased to crack
the 1k QSOs mark for what I gather is the first time in Contest  Cumbria's
long and distinguished history.
Total valid QSOs:  1131
Dupes:              29
Claimed score:      4257