[UK-CONTEST] NFD GM4ZRR/P RESTRICTED

Smith, Colin R (UK Edinburgh) colin.r.smith at baesystems.com
Mon Jun 7 09:49:58 EDT 2004

What on earth happened to the HF bands?   10m and 15m might as well not have been used for all the help they were in puting a score together!   Like most others we ended up hammering the LF bands instead.

Our only problems were very minor.   The first was when we almost let the generator run out of petrol.   We re-filled it in time though, and after spluttering for a nervous minute or so it to settle into a normal rhythm again.  The second was a brief software glitch which meant we had a handful of QSOs logged as SSB and we couldn't change the logged band or mode.  A quick PC reboot solved the problem.

However, it was a great weekend which everyone enjoyed, with warm weather and only a light breeze at our seaside site.    We had a lovely BBQ and several visitors popped in to say hello too!   The bottom line is that we had fun and improved upon our effort in the same section last year.   With 989 raw QSOs and 23 dupes we ended up with a valid QSO count of 966.

All the usual details follow below...

73 Colin (GM0CLN)

 Call used: GM4ZRR/P            Location: BARNS NESS, EAST LOTHIAN

 Category: RESTRICTED           Power: 100W

 Equipment: FT1000 & Doublet    Logging Software: NA

 Operators: MM0CCC (John)     GM4ZRR (Ian)     GM0CLN (Colin)
            F5VBU (Malcolm)   MM0DXC (Cambell) GM4UYZ (Bob)

 Team Name: Cockenzie & Port Seton ARC

 Band      QSOs     Points     Pts/QSO
 160        155       1136      7.33
  80        155        533      3.44