[UK-CONTEST] NFD - Oxford and District ARS

Ray Goff ray at g4fon.co.uk
Thu Jun 10 03:00:15 EDT 2004

Yet another fun weekend with the weather behaving itself for a change!

The club entered the Open section and used a TS870 as the main rig, with an AOR
7030 as the second receiver. For antennas, we had an A4S up 20 metres on the
clubs new portable tower, which has been lovingly restored by Colin, G1PCU, an a
few willing volunteers. Dipoles for 160, 80 and 40 completed the antenna array.
Logging software by G4FON.

We were fortunate to have lots of help putting and taking down the station, but
could only muster three operators, G4FON, G4AZN and G4AYR.

The highlights of the weekend, apart from the radio operation, was the 'Meat and
three veg' dinner on Saturday evening prepared by Colin, G1PCU, and Eddie,
M0AEO, followed by apple crumble and cream. Truly a superb effort from the cook
tent!

When we finally cranked up the beam late on Friday evening, JA's were rolling on
20 metres in but they never materialised during the contest, however we did get
a run going at the start of the contest on 10 metres and worked 45 stations in
all:

G5RS/P	G3SAD/P	G4ARN/P	G3GLL/P	G3TBK/P	G2DPQ/P	G3UES/P	HB9G/P	G0FBB/P	G4BJM/P
G0IVZ/P	S53EO/P	G3XRT/P	G4FNL/P	G3YPZ		G4AYM/P	G4FRS/P	G3PJT/P	G4HRC/P	M5MDX/P
G4BRA/P	G3GRS/P	G3DQC		GD0EMG/P	G4UDU		S58O		G3ULT/P	DL0UP/P	G4ALE/P	DL0MZ/P
HB9R/P	G3LPU		DK0SC/P	YO7ARZ	DF0MN/P	9A3KR		YU1YO		G3ZGC		YT1VM		G6YB/P
G5XV/P	G3JRM/P	G3NKC/P	YO2/DL1CW	HB9HC/P

Overall, we managed 2 more Q's than last year with the following totals:

Band:		160 	80	40	20	15	10

QSOs:		106	142	231	342	50	45

No final score has been worked out so far.

A fun, but exhausting weekend and good forward planning to run the 80 metre CC
contest on the Monday evening!

Thanks to everybody who worked us.

73

Ray, G4FON