[UK-CONTEST] 80m CC Data night

Andy swiffin a.l.swiffin at dundee.ac.uk
Fri Jun 11 04:49:11 EDT 2004

>To avoid the "TOOPWE" problem when the initial figures-shift character

>has been missed, set your software to "Unshift On Space" and then
insert
>spaces before the numbers you send, eg " 599 023 023". That is a
little
>slower, but it inserts a figs-shift character before *each* "023" so
the
>other station is far less likely to need a repeat.

Thanks Ian - that's another thing I forgot - please never never never
never send stuff like
599/123 599/123 or variants (I've seen all kinds of rubbish 599(123)
599/123/  etc etc ). Or particularly in contests that ask for evil
exchanges with things like the time in them don't use 599/123/1200 etc
etc. Good ol'

599 123 123 123   or
599 123 123 123 time: 1200 1200 1200

make it soooo much easier to just click on the items to get them into
the log - I've seen me have to retype whole exchanges because of
_clever_ seperators between the items.

Cheers
Andy
gm8oeg