[UK-CONTEST] RE: [FOC] Club Championship Contest 16th June

Dave Sergeant dave at davesergeant.com
Fri Jun 18 05:00:17 EDT 2004

Well I had no experience of these funnies here, but there were quite
a few big scores about. At 2031 (not 2131, that was after the
contest..) I got 053 when I was on 028 from Dave G4BUO and as
adjudicator I assume that was legit...(and yes Dave like last time
you sent me 569 to make sure I was on my toes...). 067 then might be
a bit optimistic.

I must say I was pleased with my QSO rate running QRP and achieved
75Q/hour in the first 15 minutes. Nice to be giving the big boys
bigger serial numbers than I received. It slowed down somewhat later
and I ended up on 064 - and a pileup suddenly appeared just after
2130....

Reading the mails here it seems the strange thing is that there are
always twice as many stations on than you actually hear and everybody
seems to work a different subset of them. I even failed to hear one
of our own members... And I see Roger G3SXW has been converted to
QRP!

73 Dave G3YMC

http://www.davesergeant.com