[UK-CONTEST] 80M CW CONTEST G3WVG/M

G3WVG g3wvg at lycos.co.uk
Fri Jun 18 08:51:30 EDT 2004

Hi Guys

Thanks to all who managed to hear my puny signal. I did the contest from a lay-by just of the A11 near Norwich!  I was working away from home and realised that I would miss the contest.   So I called into called in at W+S on my way up and bought myself a cheap mobile whip and a mag-mount. (I already had an ICOM 706 !)  After a bit of fiddling around I managed to get a reasonable swr match, helped by a counterpoise lying along the roadside.  I gave up after about an hour ,just as it got dark,  but nevertheless managed 48 QSOs.   I don't know if I'll do it again but it was fun.

73 Ian