[UK-CONTEST] 9M2/G4ZFE AA DX CW

Richard Everitt, 9M2/G4ZFE g4zfe at g4zfe.com
Sun Jun 20 23:01:34 EDT 2004

A single band 15m entry:

1258 QSOs, 75 countries and 218,700 points.

I only spent 23 hours out of the 48 operating as activity was low. Despite
the favourable SFI and K numbers 15m was not the band to be on.

However ... it was great to work 55 UK stations which is more than usual
from here. 15m was open to the UK until 18:30 Z. It was also good to  work
G4WFQ/HI9 at 18:28Z (Dave was my first ever QSO as G4ZFE back in 1987 when
he lived a few miles away from me)

Some numbers from the contest:

Number of QSOs from Eu by country:
123 DL
55   UK
SP  46
OK 42
F    37

UK ages:
Oldest: 82
Youngest: 18

Average UK age (albeit using my limited data set): 59.8 years old

Loudest UK signal was from M0CLW/M0DXR (from the same station?). They were
599 + 20dB, outstanding signal given the condx. Any ideas were they were
operating from?

Thank you for all the UK QSOs!

73 de Rich, 9M2/G4ZFE

--