[UK-CONTEST] Software for IOTA - problems

Jim Martin - MM0BQI MM0BQI at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Jun 22 08:46:28 EDT 2004

Hi Chris
Similar problems here on Win2000 and HP6000 laptop.  I had installed
DLPORTIO to run LPT keying on N1MM and this has worked fine for months.
But, like you, the LPT option was greyed out in WriteLog set-up.  Tried
installing DLPORTIO again and also a few other IO programs with no effect.
I have just installed USERPORT and WL has sprung into life! I had to go
through the installation three times and ended up using explorer to copy the
userport.sys file straight into C:\winnt\system32\drivers.  Now the LPT port
is available in WL set-up and it works well with no hesitation or speed
problems.
Still having problems networking two Win2000 laptops together but Win2000 to
Win98 works a treat and as this is what we will be using on the Summer Isles
we can stick the Win2000 issues behind our ear for later!
It could be worth persevering with userport.
73
Jim  MM0BQI