[UK-CONTEST] QRS Etc

Andy swiffin a.l.swiffin at dundee.ac.uk
Mon Jun 21 06:26:09 EDT 2004

> I spent quite some
>time in the QRS section calling CQ without much luck, but I do have a
pretty
>inefficient antenna.

I spent quite a bit of time calling CQ there as well with no response -
I think it was more to do with no-one looking up there....  we're too
slow for them.

>I am never sure what constitutes QRS, most stations seemed happy at
18-20, but I
>did get one G3 call me with a straight key at around 12. Any
comments?

Well I only use a straight key too.  I tried to stay down at 12 wpm
knowing that it would be easy to copy anyone who called but generally
found that I'd crept back up to about 16-18 each time.  I find that at
that speed I sometimes don't get callsigns first time ( I have no
problem with serials - probably the smaller set of characters).

Never mind, I'll just have to speak at 12wpm in the ssb leg on thursday
:-)

Cheers
Andy
gm8oeg