[UK-CONTEST] QRS Etc

Andy swiffin a.l.swiffin at dundee.ac.uk
Tue Jun 22 05:39:21 EDT 2004

>> Graham, I don't think that is true. We are all keen to encourage
newbies and
>> I think that the large majority of operators are willing to slow
down to

>Glad to hear the first part, and will agree with the second, but add
the
>caveat that until a 'newbie' becomes more proficient, then they will
>'pad'.....I know also that it is not just 'newbies' who do this,

While its one point per qso there's no incentive to spend time
searching out weaker and slower stations, you people down in middle
England can get all you need by working each other at 100 over 9.

How about adding a multiplier into the contest, aka vhf,  say a
multiplier for locator squares and countries or even prefixes?  Or/And
something like one point per kilometre for the actual scoring.  This
would make the contest far more strategic so that the big boys who just
sit on one frequency working all who come will have a really good reason
to search around for that elusive multiplier.

Cheers
Andy
gm8oeg
ex A8603