[UK-CONTEST] Microham USB CW Interface

G3SJJ g3sjj at btinternet.com
Mon Jun 28 06:52:48 EDT 2004

The problem was the jack plug supplied with the unit. Ring is shorted to
sleeve. Changed the plug and all is well. Keys nicely and performs the
correct radio functions. So radio control, CW interface and PTT from the one
connection to the computer.

I have always used Vox on CW, and particularly with the Acom amplifier's
inhibit facility, it is possible to have a very short drop out delay
resulting in almost break-in style.

If you are going to use PTT switching you need to tick to Ports, All Mode
PTT on CW RTS. Otherwise it stays on Tx. That's what I found anyway.

As to slurred keying, never had any problems using W98 on this computer or
XP on my wife's Dell. Sometimes get it after too much red wine though!

73 Chris G3SJJ