[UK-CONTEST] Data modes contest - SWL report !!!

Ian White, G3SEK G3SEK at ifwtech.co.uk
Tue Mar 2 06:53:09 EST 2004

Dave wrote:

>Some signals seemed very wide - typically with significant sidebands - the
>waveform traces (although averaged ) in my display showed this quite
>clearly. Some big signals also fell in this category.  I heard MW5EPA having
>a go at one of the guys; I logged 4 with strange sidebands. I shan't name
>and shame; but if you have a concern over your signal, I can tell you if you
>are in the black list !

Mr White was probably on the black list - I started up with audio drive
levels that had been left too high, after messing with another sound
card program. Sorry about that!

It was my first attempt at this particular contest. RTTY was easy
because almost all the RTTY signals were in the contest, but the PSK31
activity was much more diluted among the ragchewers. I got sucked into
too much tuning for contest signals, and arrived back to RTTY too late
to do an effective mop-up.

37 QSOs, and a lot learned.

Equipment: 1000MP, end-fed half-wave at 30ft.
WriteLog with MMTTY plugin for RTTY, or WriteLog's not very pleasant PSK
engine.

Is there any way to use a better PSK engine (say Digipan) while keeping
the full QSO automation of WriteLog?

--
73 from Ian G3SEK