[UK-CONTEST] Wide Data Signals

G3WVG g3wvg at lycos.co.uk
Tue Mar 2 16:01:40 EST 2004

Hiya Guys

I confess !, I'm pretty sure my signal was ropey.

I normally use an icom 706 for psk/rtty with the line -out from my computer going into the mic.socket via a a 40db pad and this way my signal seems quite clean.    For this contest though I used my old TS930 using the phone patch input/output sockets ... I was aware that by listening to the "monitor" that there appeared to be some slight distortion on the audio ..i.e. slightly raspy and hummy...obviously more fiddling with levels needed.....or perhaps an audio isolating transformer to avoid earth loops.

Oh well, all part of "self training through operating I guess".

I hope I haven't offended too many of you.

73     Ian G3WVG