[UK-CONTEST] PLT trial

Dave Lawley g4buo at compuserve.com
Fri Mar 5 19:19:26 EST 2004

Message text written by "g3pjt"
>The advocates of PLT keep claiming 'no complaints' so any information to
>refute that is welcome.

Yes and I think we do ourselves no favours by standing by and letting
the tests take place with no action on our part. Wouldn't it be better to
demonstrate the vulnerability of PLT by running 400W on HF near some
of the test sites?

If we don't do this, then the trials may conclude there is no interference
problem, PLT will build a head of steam and during rollout, when RFI
problems from amateurs arise, we will be the losers.

There is a parallel with contest operating. I'll be running 400W from time
to time over the weekend in the ARRL phone contest, in the hope that any
new TVI problems will be flushed out this weekend, rather than waiting and
then finding I've got a big problem next weekend during Beru.

Dave G4BUO