[UK-CONTEST] Commonwealth 2004 - Power levels/Sections etc..

Laurence Mason laurence at forest-farm.co.uk
Thu Mar 18 14:58:40 EST 2004

Paul,

We used to have the equipment codes to show approximately what was being
used by the entrants:

power (on a 'log' scale)
antenna height (to within 10 feet)
antenna type (broad category)
antenna number of elements

The big problem was that a lot of entrants did not record the equipment
code on the cover sheet so the adjudicator had to work it out - a bit of
a bind for the smaller contests a royal pain in the proverbial for AFS -
particularly with the number of entrants who don't give enough detail to
make the code meaningful - four blank characters was the case for some.
Look back to the results tables when it was last reported.

It was always interesting to be able to see how similarly equipped
stations compared. There was insufficient take up - having had the codes
for a number of years - so they were dropped. Pity but there we are and
life moves on.

Laurence G4HTD